The IDPE Essential Development Toolkit for Schools seminar
||10:00 to 16:00
|Location||The Caledonian Club|
9 Halkin Street
Online registration for this event has now closed. There are a few remaining places so please contact the IDPE office on 01225 829030 to book your place.
The IDPE essential development toolkit for schools seminar
- a must for anyone new to schools' development
|Tuesday 17 October 2017
The Caledonian Club, London SW1
‘It was valuable to put the different aspects of development into context and consolidate what I have already learnt through my work so far, … and to network with other development professionals and share fundraising and relationship building strategies.’ (2017 Essential Development Toolkit delegate)
The IDPE essential development toolkit for schools seminar is the first port of call for anyone new to schools’ development. It provides delegates with the nuts and bolts of how a professional schools’ development office runs and will offer them an opportunity to breakout into small groups, working with experienced Development Directors and their peers, to establish relevant and attainable goals.
- Are you setting up your school’s first development office?
- Have you worked in schools’ development for less than 18 months?
- Do you have new staff joining your team?
This one day seminar takes place:
||Tuesday 17 October 2017
||10.00am - 4.00pm
||The Caledonian Club, London SW1
||£225 members (£320 for non-members) – includes lunch, refreshments and a school visit
||Karen Hartshorn, Nick Pettingale and Rebecca Ting
||Anyone new to schools’ development
After the seminar, delegates will have the opportunity to visit a school which runs an established development office.
The school visits will enable delegates:
- to observe first-hand how an established development office operates
- to see how the learning discussed at the seminar is put into practice
- to spend time with and learn from an experienced Development Director
- to expand professional networks by spending time with fellow schools’ development practitioners
These visits will take place at:
- St Edward’s, Oxford: (independent co-educational day and boarding school, ages 13-18): Date: Wednesday 8th November 2017, 10.30am-2.00pm (to include lunch)
- Ellesmere College, Shropshire: (independent co-educational day and boarding school, ages 7-18) Date: available on an individual basis on request, 10.30am-2.00pm (to include lunch)
- Pangbourne College, Reading: (independent co-educational day and boarding school, ages 11-18) Date: Tuesday 14th November 2017, 10.30am-2.00pm (to include lunch)
Who should attend
- Heads, Bursars and Governors who are thinking about setting up a development office or getting involved in their existing one
- Development and alumni professionals who are new to the field
This seminar is delivered by highly experienced Development Directors who are IDPE members and popular speakers. Each will host a visit to their school. The speakers are:
Nick, Rebecca and Karen will provide basic guidelines as well as top tips, notes on what to avoid and personal anecdotes during the course of the day.
Topics covered on the day will include:
- How to manage expectations
- What to consider when setting up an office
- How to manage important relationships within the school and in the community
- What type of data should be stored on alumni
- How to communicate with and hold events for alumni
- An overview of the different types of fundraising and their purposes
- Your goals for the first year
An excellent introduction to the field by experienced practitioners.’ (2016 essential development toolkit delegate)
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. To book a place please RSVP above or contact the IDPE office on 01225 829030 / email@example.com
Booking Terms and Conditions
All cancellations must be received in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received at least three weeks before the Seminar date will receive a full refund. No refund will be made for cancellations received within three weeks of the seminar date. Any costs incurred from online payment will not be refunded.
Please be advised that seminars and workshops may be cancelled in exceptional circumstances. All delegates will be notified of any event cancellation no less than four weeks before the event date. When cancelling an event with more than four weeks notice, IDPE will not be liable for any expenses incurred by the delegate.
Please feel free to discuss this event on Facebook or help promote it by reposting on any Social Networks. You can invite friends to this event just by tagging them in post.