IDPE's New to development programme
What is IDPE's New to development programme?
If your school is new to schools’ fundraising and engagement, or you have recently recruited a new member to your team, IDPE’s New to development programme is a year-long, holistic training programme offering an introduction to all aspects of professional fundraising and engagement in schools. Delivered by experienced development professionals who are actively working in schools around the UK, the programme gives you the opportunity to study the essential elements in developing a successful fundraising and engagement programme, from setting up a development office and creating your case for support, to exploring ways of engaging with your community and developing your first fundraising strategy.
The New to development programme is delivered through:
In-person toolkit seminars
In-person, day-long seminars covering the nuts and bolts of schools’ fundraising and engagement, including a school visit
A series of webinars covering different fundraising and engagement topics, available for you to watch in your own time
Ask the expert forums
Your opportunity to ask questions and gain advice from experienced development professionals
A 30-minute 1-2-1 to discuss the next steps for your school’s fundraising and engagement programme
What will you gain from participating in this programme?
Schools who complete IDPE’s New to development programme will benefit from:
- a dynamic professional development programme to fast-track your school's fundraising and engagement, by establishing robust foundations and best practice from the outset
- the opportunity to follow a structured, comprehensive, professional development programme which provides an introduction to all the essential elements of a successful schools' fundraising and engagement operation, delivered by experienced development professionals
- the chance to develop a network of support, share ideas, and grow your confidence in schools’ fundraising and engagement
Who is it for?
IDPE’s New to development programme is aimed specifically at:
- Individuals who are new to the schools’ development profession (with less than 2 years’ experience)
- Schools who are in the process of establishing a development office
‘As a newbie to the school sector and the area of development this programme has been invaluable.’
‘This course has been brilliant, it's wonderful to be able to share best practice and learn from successful development offices.’
New to development programme content
What does the programme include?
IDPE’s New to development programme is structured so that schools or individuals new to development can access the most relevant information to them in a flexible and affordable way. The one year course incorporates the schools' fundraising and engagement toolkits, webinars and ask the expert forums, but there is also the option to choose to join any of the terms individually if there are specific sessions you want to attend.Read the full programme
If you attended year 1 of our previous New to development course and would like to book for year 2, or are more interested in the later sessions in the course, you can find out more here.
If you have any questions about the content, delivery or packages for the New to development programme, please contact the IDPE office.