Free training, support and resources
- Regional meetings: termly, local meetings held across the UK providing both educational training and an informal forum for members to learn, exchange ideas and support one another.
- Specialist forum groups: meetings for members to discuss, learn and explore issues pertinent to their type of school or a specific area of development, e.g. state schools, alumni relations, girls' schools, prep schools and catholic schools.
- Webinars: members have access to free training on professional fundraising and alumni relations through our series of free webinars, and can watch previous webinars at any time from our resource area.
- Online resources: IDPE's online library includes a range of free resources for members to download, from guides and checklists, to case studies and training slides, on all aspects of professional fundraising and alumni relations in schools.
- Networking and expertise: alongside regional meetings and forums, IDPE's online members' forum and members' directory provide access to the IDPE community and the chance to seek support and advice from experienced fundraising and alumni relations professionals.
|Benchmarking and best practice
IDPE works in partnership with consultants, Graham-Pelton to survey alumni relations and fundraising practice in schools nationwide. IDPE publishes a benchmarking report, educating schools in best practice in fundraising and alumni relations, and enabling them to:
- compare and evaluate their school’s performance
- identify strengths and areas for development, in their existing programme
- make informed decisions on how to enhance their fundraising performance
|Latest sector news and guidance
- Weekly news and information update: provides the very latest sector news, best practice and guidance, and provides information on the latest training in fundraising and alumni relations in schools.
- Weekly job vacancy bulletin: alerts members to the latest vacancies across the schools’ development sector.
- Termly postal mailings: summarises educational news, shares benchmarking and best practice in professional fundraising and alumni relations in schools.
|Discounted rates for IDPE’s Professional Development Programme
- IDPE Annual Conference: a two-day conference offering over 30 educational training sessions, delivered by over 50 speakers. Sessions are streamed to make sure there is adequate educational content to support all development professionals. Member discount ranges from £145-£165 per person.
- IDPE and IoF Certificate in Fundraising: a year-long training programme (mainly remote with two blocks of two study days included) providing a qualification in fundraising for those working in alumni relations and professional fundraising in schools. Member discount of £140 per person.
- Seminars and workshops: a training programme of one-day workshops and seminars educating schools in every element of alumni relations and professional fundraising. Member discount of £95 per person.