IDPE Essential Development Toolkit for Schools
|Time||10:00 to 16:00|
|Location||The Caledonian Club|
9 Halkin Street
- Are you setting up your school’s first development office?
- Have you worked in schools’ development for less than 18 months?
- Do you have new staff joining your team?
The IDPE Essential Development Toolkit for Schools seminar is the first port of call for anyone new to schools’ development. It provides delegates with the nuts and bolts of how a professional schools’ development office runs and will offer them an opportunity to breakout into small groups, working with experienced Development Directors and their peers, to establish relevant and attainable goals.
‘It was a great networking opportunity and a chance to hear other experiences which is always invaluable.’
‘A great introduction to the world of development and a chance to meet people in similar situations and roles.’
2019 IDPE Essential Development Toolkit for Schools delegates
Topics covered on the day will include:
- How to manage expectations
- What to consider when setting up an office
- How to manage important relationships within the school and in the community
- What type of data should be stored on alumni
- How to communicate with and hold events for alumni
- An overview of the different types of fundraising and their purposes
- Your goals for the first year
In addition to the above, each of the speakers will provide basic guidelines as well as top tips, notes on what to avoid and personal anecdotes during the course of the day.
Who should attend?
- Heads, bursars and governors who are thinking about setting up a development office or getting involved in their existing one.
- Development and alumni professionals who are new to the field.
After the seminar, delegates will have the opportunity to visit a school which runs an established development office. The school visits will enable delegates to:
- Observe first-hand how an established development office operates
- See how the learning discussed at the seminar is put into practice
- Spend time with and learn from an experienced Development Director
- Expand professional networks by spending time with fellow schools’ development practitioners
These visits will take place at:
- Pangbourne College: (independent co-educational day and boarding school, ages 11-18) Date: TBC
- Wellington College: (independent co-educational day and boarding school, ages 13-18) Date: TBC
- Warwick Independent Schools Foundation: (independent boys day and boarding school, 7-18) Date: TBC
This seminar is delivered by highly experienced development directors who are IDPE members and popular speakers. Each will host a visit to their school. The speakers are:
Director of Development
Head of the Wellington Community
Director of Development
Warwick Independent Schools Foundation
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. To book a place please RSVP above or contact the IDPE office on 01225 829030 / email@example.com
*All prices shown are VAT exclusive
Booking Terms and Conditions
All cancellations must be received in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received at least three weeks before the seminar date will receive a full refund. No refund will be made for cancellations received within three weeks of the seminar date. Any costs incurred from online payment will not be refunded.
Please be advised that seminars and workshops may be cancelled in exceptional circumstances. All delegates will be notified of any event cancellation no less than four weeks before the event date. When cancelling an event with more than four weeks notice, IDPE will not be liable for any expenses incurred by the delegate.