Register your interest for our prep school online forum - Managing expectations: challenges and solutions
|Location||IDPE online discussion forum|
Due to the current uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be postponing this prep school online forum, which will be rescheduled soon. Please register your interest in attending a prep school online forum using the button to the right of your screen, and we will be in touch to confirm a new date as soon as possible.
This discussion forum will explore some of the challenges facing prep school development offices in managing the expectations of senior leaders and governors.
A common problem for all those working in development, this forum will be an opportunity to discuss how a few simple solutions can help to effectively manage misunderstandings about your role and avoid unrealistic expectations and comparisons. Join us to share ideas and good practice with those working in similar schools.
This forum will be chaired by Rachel Hadley-Leonard, RHLConsulting. Rachel works as a consultant, supporting start up offices, delivering webinars on a broad range of fundraising and alumni relations topics and mentoring early career professionals. She has experience working in development and alumni relations, gained in the independent and maintained education sectors, and has latterly worked specifically with prep schools to research, benchmark and support smaller development offices.
- Attendance for non-IDPE members and corporates will be at the discretion of IDPE. If you are a non-IDPE member or corporate and would like to join the forum, please contact the IDPE office.
- Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Places will be limited to one delegate per school.
- More information including joining instructions, and information on the topics that will be discussed will be sent out to participants closer to the date of the forum so that you can come prepared to share your challenges and ideas.
- A list of attendees will be circulated to all delegates before the forum.
As this is a small group session, if, after registering, you are unable to attend the forum, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can offer the place to someone else.
IDPE online forums
IDPE's new online discussion forums are an opportunity for you to join a small group of peers for a live, online, facilitated discussion and exchange of ideas on a given topic. Places are limited to 10 people per forum in order to allow for all participants to be involved in the detailed discussion. We are piloting a programme of online discussion forums in 2020. We would appreciate your feedback so that we can shape future online discussion forums to best support the needs of our members.